Comment on page
IPFS Gateway API
Leto's IPFS Gateway is a comprehensive, lightweight, and fast API that respects your privacy. It enables you to access InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) content anonymously and offers a metric-based approach to analyze usage patterns. The image below illustrates the structure of the Proxy Gateway Architecture:
To switch from your current IPFS Gateway to ours, all you need to do is change your Gateway address to the Leto Gateway, available at
Here are the principal features offered by our IPFS Gateway:
- Anonymity: Our Gateway ensures you can access IPFS content without revealing your identity.
- Privacy: No logging of IP addresses or personal information.
- Performance: The Gateway is lightweight, fast, and easy to initialize.
- Metrics: We perform analyses based on the frequency and timing of CID requests.
Accessing IPFS data via HTTP is straightforward, particularly when utilizing an IPFS HTTP gateway. As a decentralized peer-to-peer network, IPFS simplifies data retrieval. We'll be using the Leto.gg's gateway in this guide, built on the Web3.Storage Superfast Gateway, offering anonymous metrics alongside data provision.
Here's how to leverage these CIDs:
- Point your application or program to the data in the Web3.Storage infrastructure using the respective CID.
The Leto Gateway communicates with a range of services, ensuring content is served as swiftly as possible, regardless of the provider. Gateways we currently support:
Note: The w3link (https://ipfs.w3s.link/*) imposes a rate limit of 200 requests per minute per IP.